Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yum

Although I love to cook and bake and make gifts from scratch, I do occasionally feel so completely overwhelmed and pressed for time that I need to find shortcuts.

I found out late last week that Dash's school will be hosting a sing & cookie swap next weekend. Because our schedule is already so completely packed, I started looking around for shortcuts. And I found one. A delicious one. That is easy, cheap & will keep for a week. Seriously, pay attention:

Buy a bag of good quality chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, but whatever you like will do), a box of graham crackers & a few candy canes.

Send whatever husband or child you have on hand outside with the candy canes in a heavy duty freezer bag and instructions to pulverize.

Then melt the chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Once the chips are melted, dip the crackers, one at a time, into the goo. I used a small spoon to ensure coverage & to scrape off any excess chocolate.

Place the covered crackers on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet & sprinkle with crushed candy canes before the chocolate sets up.

Store in an airtight container. Or eat. Either way you're good.

No comments: