Thursday, May 20, 2010

Craziest Post Ever

I have some unrelated and mostly unimportant things to note.

* This is the best idea ever (my humility is my greatest quality): When at the market, pick up those little baggies of chopped onions and toss 'em in the freezer. You'll always have chopped onion on hand and you won't have to actually chop a goddamn onion on Thursday after work when you need it for dinner. (Well, if you need fresh onion you're screwed, but for cooked this is aces).

* My friend-and-coworker & I were chatting about ice cream the other day & came up with this awesome list of hypothetical ice cream/topping combos:
  • Melon with crispy prosciutto crumbles
  • Maple with crumbled bacon topping
  • Strawberry with reduced balsamic vinegar syrup
  • Pineapple with teriyaki
  • Chocolate with crumbled bbq chips
* I started taking anti-anxiety medication (I know!) and it seems that I am no longer afraid of heights. Also, I lost 30 lbs.

* The main part of the losing 30 lbs, though, is this most awesome diet known to man: The No S Diet. Clickety click if you're curious, but the crux of it is this:
  • No Snacks
  • No Sweets
  • No Seconds
  • Except on days that start with "S" (Saturday, Sunday & special)
* My list of crafty/sewing projects has gotten so nuts that I have an actual Google Docs spreadsheet. It's more complex than the family budget spreadsheet.

* Dash said this about Winnie Kitty the other day, "He's a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules."

1 comment:

lindsey said...

So many things:

1. I am stealing "He's a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules." My sister and I (she reads you too) have been giggling about it all day.

2. DUDE! 30 lbs! Holy shit! Good work! (Just for you, I abused the shit out of my No More Than One Exclamation Point rule.)

3. What goes on with a crafting spreadsheet?

4. My fave part of the No S diet is the questions "What if I cheat and binge on S days?" and the answer is, "Then you will die fat and young."

Dig you-
LS