Monday, February 03, 2014

Hollyweirdos

A few weeks ago (yes, along with everything else in my life, I am weeks behind in documenting our days. Wanna fight about it?) Dash's Auntie Rain organized a crazy day for the kids and their friends. We took the subway into Hollywood, and spent the day at all the nutty tourist museums you haven't ever visited because they're incredibly creepy you never got around to it.

Untitled
We hit up the wax museum, Ripley's and the Guinness museum. By the end of the day we had shaken hands with the president, watched a woman smash soda cans with her boobs (this is an actual Guinness World Record, which delights me beyond words), and molested poor Barbara Eden. I'd say it was a pretty full day.

Untitled
I'm flying, Jack! (He's never seen the movie. I made him do this. I am a terrible mother.)

Untitled
My classy, classy boy.

Untitled
...and now he's shooting Ben point blank.

Untitled

Untitled
The sword stayed put. Camelot is safe for now.

Untitled
Dash & Barry.

Untitled

Untitled
One-eyed sheep, matchstick ship and young Dash on display at Ripley's.

After lunch, one of the moms led us over to Sweet, a candy shop at Hollywood & Highland. This is less a candy store than a candy mall. It was truly obscene. One of the "boutiques" in the store allowed the kids to design their own chocolate bars & watch them be made. That is some first world shit.

Untitled
If I could get him to focus as hard on his homework as he did on creating that candy bar, I'd have the next Doogie Howser on my hands.

Untitled
Final bar: milk chocolate, caramel filling, with Pop Rocks, Mini M & Ms and gummy worms. Like you do.

Untitled
This poor, sweet woman had to make that monstrosity.

Untitled
So, you know, pretty good day overall.



No comments: