Thursday, May 15, 2014

Doyers

Dash's baseball coach--(Oh, have I mentioned he's playing baseball? Here are a couple of pictures:)

IMG_3519

IMG_3507

--has super-extra-fancy season tickets to the Dodgers, and shared them with Dash & Josh for a Monday night game.

Untitled
See where they're standing? Their seats are right behind them. Row AA.

(The other day, Dash was watching a movie about Little League-rs in Mexico who had to make their own baseballs out of string and tar. So, you know. Different.)
CM140512-190134061
Here's Matt Kemp, one of the most famous baseball players in the world, signing Dash's hat.
Dash and his freshly minted Matt Kemp-autographed hat!
Nice.
Untitled
My sweet, handsome, All-American boys. 
Untitled
We wanted to properly thank Dash's coach for the tickets, so I baked some cookies & Dash made a thank you card.
Untitled

When I think about the fact that I came to this country as a refugee from the USSR, I'm just overwhelmed and astonished by how much can change in a single generation. This country, I know, isn't perfect. But watching my son grow up here feels nothing short of miraculous.

No comments: