Friday, November 09, 2007

Thanks

This is my first year hosting Thanksgiving for the entire family and I am vibrating with the pleasure of planning the menu and decorations and new traditions I want to introduce.

So far we've got this:

"thanks" garlands in French, Italian & Russian strung up in doorways and over valances
give thanks

phonetic translation of thanks in Hebrew, spelled out with Martha's alphabet flashcards

corn husk couple

cat painting by Baba (for which I am truly thankful)

1 comment:

picperfic said...

we don't celebrate thanksgiving here in the UK so I am enjoying reading about the festivities in blogland. I absolutely love your garlands! You are very creative...enjoy your day and I can't wait to hear more about all you have made and enjoyed in celebration of this special time.