Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Making

We've been doing some stuff around here.



Everyone with a blog has been making terrariums lately. Ours has button fern, Venus Flytraps and dinosaurs. Aargh!



We've been working hard on getting the garden up and running this year. Our soil is hard and dense clay and we've been slowly breaking it up and amending it over the last couple of years. This year we planted (from seed) some wildflowers, radishes, cilantro, basil, lavender and other things that I've forgotten completely. Lovely, delicate green things are slowing coming up to greet us and the gnomes.



I'm still trying to teach myself how to embroider. These are going to hang over Dash's bookshelf in their hoops. The great thing about making these for a two-year-old is that no matter how amateurish my attempts, he thinks they're magical. (I got the grumpy gnome pattern from here. Thanks, Andrea!)

1 comment:

kate said...

I love poking around the blogosphere at this time of year because everyone's got their gardening posts up!

We, too, have hard clay soil that we have been amending the fuck out of for the last year and a half, and it's still just downright difficult. Oh, well. It doesn't stop us from trying anyway!
And your post also reminded me that I forgot to plant cilantro this year. I'll have to buy one already grown from the garden store. MUST have my cilantro fix!