Monday, October 20, 2008

Painting Pumpkins

We had our newest friends over for some grilled dogs and pumpkin painting this weekend. Dash had absolutely refused to take his nap or even endure a little quiet time before their arrival, so I wasn't optimistic about how things would go. Turns out Dash can totes hold his shit together, nap-free, until about 7pm.

I bought some small pumpkins for the kids to decorate. I figured the big ones would just be too unwieldy for them to maneuver.

I never cease to be amazed at how quickly and completely kids can cover themselves in paint.

I also bought some Mr. Potato Head-inspired pumpkin decorations. They're simultaneously cheesy and awesome.

See?

Oh, and I made cupcakes. The picks came from here. I think the hatchet is an inspired touch.

Cupcakes are a little bit of trouble to make so I took a lot of pictures.

You know, to show off.

The kids ate the frosting off of about three cupcakes apiece.

Then they ran their asses off.

Then, this.

No comments: