Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Now I Know My ABCs

Yesterday Dash didn't know his letters and today he does. Can someone please explain to me how I can sit there doing letter drills with him for an hour, trying (fruitlessly) to get him to remember the difference between "G" & "H" and then the next day he starts pulling every single alphabet magnet off the fridge and identifying it correctly? Fucker knew the difference between zero & "O." Seriously.


[I should note here that this blog is mainly my baby book. I mean, I love all of you lovely readers who visit and sometimes comment, but I started writing here because I was too lazy to wrestle with the stupid
baby book I couldn't live without that cost $135. Every year after his birthday, I organize all the year's entries in Blurb & print out the whole shebang. When Dash goes to college, I'm sending the books with him. Then I will immediately start writing big checks to his therapist. Anyway, my point is that occasionally I'll write things here that seem braggy or like "who the fuck cares?" That's why. Because it's my only record of how we roll.]

1 comment:

SarahSews said...

First time commenter jumping in to say, I love it! He's going to love reading that he couldn't do something one day and the next day knew the difference between zero and O.