Thursday, January 03, 2013

Goals

I won't call them resolutions, I'll call them goals. Here they are, whatever you call them:

1. Enter my jam in the Ventura County Fair. I know why I keep putting this off. It's because the idea of making something and not having it be loved just kills me. But I need to put myself out there. I want to take this risk. (nope)

2. Run a 10k. I want to get serious about running. I'm getting old and I want to be strong for as long as I can manage. Also, when I'm running, I'm not watching Disney Channel and no one is whining at me. I should embrace the peace when I can. (yep)

3. Work on the dollhouse. I have so many ideas for my crazy little Wizard's House, and I get so much pleasure from fiddling with tiny things. But I don't make time for it because it's silly. I officially give myself permission to be silly.

4. Make five crazy ice cream flavors from my new book. No reason other than it seems fun.
  • Thai Chili
  • Oolong
  • Chai
  • Coffee & Doughnuts
  • Chocolate & Stout


5. Read twelve books in 2013. This would be easy if I would just put down my stupid phone.
6. Do a face peel. This seems like a ridiculous thing to write down, but it's kind of a big deal to me. If I actually did this, I'd have to take a week for myself. I'd be stuck in the house, all blistered and useless, and I'd be putting myself and my needs and wants ahead of Dash and Josh's for that week.

7. No sugar on weekdays. Sugar is the devil. The sexy, sexy devil.

8. Pay off two of our most pressing debts.

No comments: