Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sprung

So, they moved daylight saving up by three weeks! Meaning that tomorrow night is the first day of Spring! In my mind! I know you think it's not until the 21st but lalala I can't hear you it's Spring!

I used to not really care so much for the daylight savings because it meant hauling my ass out of bed an hour early (and no, it's not just for one day, jerk. it's for the entire duration of daylight savings time. going to bed an hour earlier doesn't make waking up at 4:30am any easier.) but now I get it! It's for the kids! (Ok, it's for the farmers and the BBQ and golf industries, but whatevsky.) (As an aside, did you know that the candy lobby has been campaigning for daylight savings to extend to Halloween night for, like, ever? So the littles will have an extra hour of candy beggary? They have. And this year they got their wish.)

Starting Monday we'll get home from work with enough daylight left to grill dinner and maybe run through the sprinklers and roll around on the grass. We'll be able to go for walks and plant some veggies. It's going to be AWESOME.

Also, Spring means Spring Cleaning. When I saw the reminder in my Real Simple weekly newsletter I actually sent Josh an i.m. that read, "Spring Cleaning! Woo Hoo!." Because I am mentally defective.

It is 10:20 am on Saturday March 10 and my house is clean enough to eat off of. Yes, the actual house. And all of its contents. I emptied, washed and reorganized the fridge; vacuumed the top and underside of the living room rug; cleaned and rehung all of the curtains; flipped the mattress, washed the cover and redressed the bed for Spring (whites and blues vs. the Winter reds and creams); cleaned the floors; dusted; scoured the bathrooms; vacuumed the furniture; washed, folded and put away six loads of laundry and cleaned out all the drawers that Dash can reach.

Today Josh will clean the windows, change the batteries in the smoke detectors and organize the tool boxes. We'll also buy the meepers a new cat box.

Welcome, Spring! Three weeks early!

p.s. - I saw a car yesterday with a bumper sticker on it that read, "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing it's idiot." I love that bumper sticker. But the apostrophe kind of dulls the sword, no?

No comments: