Tuesday, July 29, 2014

State of the Union, Summer 2014

Here's what's what so far:

Untitled

Untitled
Dash completed a swim class. He's now a Level 5 (highest, wut wut!), but he still looks pretty hilarious when he tries to do the butterfly.

Untitled
My vanilla-kumquat marmalade has been entered in the Ventura County Fair and is currently awaiting judgment. Don't talk about it!

Untitled

Untitled
I tried shibori. It took three tries before I got a set of napkins that didn't turn into a muddy, bleedy mess. 

Untitled
The indigo dye starts green, but turns an amazing inky blue as it oxidizes.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
See?

Untitled
I looked like a Smurf for about a week after.

Untitled
I turned 43 and my boys took me to the beach to celebrate.

Untitled

Untitled
Dash got to finally try out his new wetsuit/boogie board combo.

Untitled
Too bad the beach was so ugly.

photo 1
When it's your birthday, no one can make fun of you for bringing your knitting to the beach.

Untitled
The next day, we headed up to Sonoma County to for a wonderful visit with our beloved Grandma Sonja and Uncle Doron & Aunt Cheryl (and some new friends, too!).

Untitled
Grandma's a badass.

Untitled
I dunno. I like his face.

Untitled
They're cute together.

Untitled
At lunch one afternoon, Dash was more delightful than usual. So I drew a portrait of him, wanting to capture the moment.

Untitled
He didn't like it ("I'm so mad at you!")

Untitled
We spent a beautiful afternoon at the Russian River.

Untitled
Dash swung off a rope swing like a tough guy.

I conclusion, here are some pictures of my feet:
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
(With the plums & apricots that Doron & Cheryl picked for me from their trees.)*

photo 4
*Here's the jam I made with all those plums & apricots once we got home! 

So, you know. Good Summer so far.

No comments: