Thursday, December 18, 2014

Solstice 2014

We celebrated our fourth annual Solstice last weekend and it was glorious, as I've come to expect.


 


  The house & its residents got tarted up real good.

And I debuted a new member of my Crazy Lady Christmas Village--The White Rabbit Bookstore. Yay!

There were lots of treats, as labeled by young Dash.

I came up with the greatest craft idea! Wind chimes made from lovely, unusual beads and jingle bells. I spent weeks collecting fallen branches to hang the chimes from. Josh meticulously cut them into appropriate lengths. I provided sweet little paper cartons so each kid could collect the beads they liked before we started. And I cut special knotting cords to length ahead of time.

I even screwed tiny little eye screws into each branch.

Don't they all look so sweet working on their chimes?

What I didn't count on was that not one of these lovely, otherwise-perfect little dummies could tie a knot. They all gave up after about 15 minutes and the next day I trashed 14 half-finished branches.

Then they all went upstairs to trade baseball cards and play Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.

The littlest girls got hand-knitted (by me!) kitty hats.

And Dash & his bros got their annual Liz-made Solstice jammies (this was Nate's first year as a member of the pj crew and he was pretty stoked)

I conclusion, I got silly nose cups and made our poor, put-upon guests pose with them and I'm going to have this collage blown up, printed and framed and I'm going to hang it in the living room.

No comments: