I was always a little OCD with cleaning, but progressively more since Dash was born. I'm trying to get it under control, with not much success. I do have days, though (sometimes weeks! ok, sometimes one week. if four days counts as a week) when I can just let shit go. Revel in the chaos for a few hours. Today was one of those days:
You should see his face light up when he sees me heading to the couch with a fresh batch of warm laundry to fold.
Some days, you just need every single Lego. Those tend to be the better days.
He's practicing his letters, but he thinks he's just playing a puzzle. Don't tell him he's learning.
And, because I ran out of days before I ran out of things to be thankful for, here:
* Trader Joe's pre-boiled, pre-peeled eggs. I know they seem a little scary, but I made 40 deviled eggs today in half an hour. HALF AN HOUR.
* While we're at Trader Joe's: Candy Cane Joe Joes (like Oreos, but minus the hydrogenated oil and plus ground up candy canes) & Charles Shaw wine. Do you know how much I would spend on wine if I didn't have Charles Shaw to make spritzers out of? A lot, that's how much.
* ABC Family Channel Countdown to Christmas. It is not the holidays until I have seen Tori Spelling get the Christmas spirit in her cold, businesswomanly heart (also, she's Jewish, like us! and therefore confirms my theory that nobody loves Christmas like a Jew loves Christmas).
* Free Amazon Prime trials. Seriously, I have already saved, like, $150 in shipping alone.
* The Butterball Hotline. I have never called, and don't expect that I ever will. But it is a huge comfort to me that somewhere out there, a kind woman who knows her way around a turkey is taking calls. I'd bet she has some stories.
* You guys. All my amazing, talented, loving, ingenious, hilarious friends. I never in a million years expected anyone other than my family to find me here, but I am just delighted that you did. I am honored that you choose to spend a little of your time and attention with me here. And I am incredibly grateful to have found you and your beautiful writing, as well.
* And finally, as always, for this:
Racially insensitive headgear and all.