Monday, March 21, 2011

Nuestra Casa Es Su Casa

House tour? No? Too bad:

download
Pig!

P1030789
What is this room called? Sitting room? Living room? Waste of space?

P1030785
That wall where the plates are hanging is curved & gave me hives trying to figure out what to do there. I'm pretty impressed with my solution.

P1030786
Money shot.

P1030787
This is a pin Josh bought me. I used to wear it on my peacoat, but the antlers kept snagging on everything. So I mounted it onto a piece of inky blue wool felt in an embroidery hoop. Art!

P1030776
Hall of Shame

P1030780
Jen bought us this porcelain gnome lamp as a housewarming gift. Is there anything better than having friends who really, really understand you?

P1030799
I love this kitchen, but looking at this picture makes me feel about 70 years old. Is it weird that I have this many roosters?

P1030790
Family room.

P1030796
NORGE!

P1030802
This is the crazy rose-papered guest bath. A normal person would just tear down the wallpaper & start over, but I have grown completely obsessed with it.

P1030804
I wanted cheeseball Thomas Kinkade-style art in there, but I needed it to wink a little. I may own thirty seven ceramic roosters, but I'm not quite ready to embrace cottage paintings unironically. Probably soon, though.

P1030803
Other side of the bathroom. I never realized there was such an abundance of robot-invasion-countryside-art.

P1030774
This is Dash's room, my favorite in the house.

P1030770
We got him a junior loft bed (not quite as high off the ground as a regular loft bed, but high enough to create a play space underneath.)

P1030771
I sewed up some striped curtains that he can pull closed to make a secret fort when he feels the urge. Underneath, Josh strung up some Christmas lights that he put on a timer. They act as lighting for when he's under there, or as a nightlight at bedtime.

P1030773
The costume rack.

P1030772
I made these valances from a vintage Peter Pan sheet I bought from Etsy a year ago. It's totally '80s cheese, but Dash and I agree that it's totally tubular.

P1030775
Dash's crapper, featuring the world's most hilarious shower curtain.

P1030764
Here's our bedroom that looks almost identical to our old bedroom.

P1030767
Here's our shower. Let me know if you want to come over and just rub your butt all over the tile. I totally get it. Not pictured: spa tub. Sorry.

Fin.

2 comments:

SarahSews said...

I love it and want your bathroom. We moved recently and our master bedroom looks shockingly like it did before too. Without the aqua blue walls sadly, but the layout is exactly the same. :) Enjoy your new digs.

Jen said...

Holy sweet jeebus. Where did you get the amazing cat shower curtain? Your blog always makes me laugh.