Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Tri Tri

Check it, the old man found two additional lunatics to do a triathlon with him!

P1030710
Here's the brand-spanking-new 40-year-old. (They write your age on your calf. Mostly so that when I'm sitting at the sidelines eating Girl Scout cookies and watching 68-year-old men run past me I can feel extra ashamed).

P1030712
Here's lunatic number two, Doug Odom. (Hey, here's a funny story! When we found our new house & were driving away after signing all the paperwork, we realized that our great-good-friends the Odoms lived just a block away! Now we're neighbors! It's awesome.) Anyway, this was Doug's first triathlon & he finished in 1 hour, 29 minutes. So Josh is no longer speaking to him. I kid, I kid.

P1030713
And, finally, lunatic number three, Cathy. Cathy is the mother of one of my top 10 favorite humans, Ava. Ava is 5 going on 27. She is made entirely of awesome (as is her mom, of course).

P1030720
Anyways, y'all know the drill. There was some of this (Josh is the hot one in the white cap).

P1030729
Some of this. (That's Josh's new bike, Pettzetina, that he got for Christmas for being a good boy all year long. Isn't she purty?)

P1030734
And some of this. Ugh, my lungs ache just thinking about it.

P1030717
The kids made signs to root on the athletes. (Dash's pet name for Josh is Zaza. I know.)

P1030726
Here they are all together. The two on the left are Doug & Lisa's kids, Colin & Maddie. I die. The one on the right is their niece. Right?

P1030736
Here he is after crossing the finish. I kid, but seriously, I couldn't be prouder of Josh. I can't even imagine what it must be like to do this THREE TIMES!

P1030746
And, because running this particular triathlon seems to be turning into a tradition, we all had dinner again at the Hog's Breath, to celebrate the athletes & Josh's birthday. Did I mention he's FORTY?

1 comment:

jengel said...

You're gonna be a 5K nutjob pretty soon!