Friday, March 25, 2011

Tangled Party

So our sweet friends threw a Tangled theme party for their 5-year-old Maddie. Because I am me, I inserted myself into the gift bag situation. Here's what we did (not a lot of photos in this post, but I wanted to list the resources in case anyone was looking for non-Party-City Tangled ideas.)

I sewed up some muslin drawstring bags (like what I did for Dash's Harry Potter party). I used this iron-on image for the girls:


And this one for the boys:We made Shrinky Dink necklaces for the girls from this printable on the Disney site. We strung them from pink leather cords I found at the craft store, and mounted them on cardstock printed with this image:

For the boys, I sewed up some of Flynn Rider's arrows from this awesome tutorial (he used arrows to help him climb up the tower. You know, in case you forgot).

P1030750

I made tags from this image, printed onto card stock:


All the kids got little pots of paint and mini canvases. I made tags for those with this image:

All the kids also got a rolled up "Wanted" poster to color.


And, finally, there were a ton of babies at the party, too. And each baby got one of these:

P1030754

Get it? Cuz the pub in the movie was called the Snuggly Duckling. I freeballed the pattern, just kinda making it up as went along.

P1030758

OK. The end. Holler if you have questions.

Update: I've received some requests for the Snuggly Duckling image, so I posted it below.


13 comments:

Sara said...

I love your ideas. Where did you find the image for for duckling card?

Liz said...

Thanks, Sara! I can't remember where I found it, but I can email it to you if you reply with your email address.

Julia said...

Great ideas!! Do you mind emailing me the duckling image? (jrivera2@terpmail.umd.edu)

melinda said...

I would also love to know where to get that image! ladyfleming@verizon.net

Sara said...

I know this is a fairly old post, but would you be willing to email me the snuggly duckling image? My email is sarahughart@gmail.com Thanks so much!

Sara said...

Please e-mail it to me at scottandsara@live.com

Thank you for this.

Sara said...

One more question, what font did you use for all of your Tangled signs?

Anonymous said...

Just celebrated my little girls
4th with a tangled tea party.
Here are the pictures:
http://dailydoseofsmiley.blogspot.com/p/tangled-party.html

Miss Bertha Hernández said...

Please! Answer us, what is the font you used? It looks gorgeous!!!

Liz said...

Hi Guys,

I'm so sorry, I can't remember what that font is called, but I dug around a bit & found this one that is similar: http://www.dafont.com/nocker-cranky.font?fpp=50

XO!
Liz

myfairytalelife said...

Loved your ideas!!! we are having a TAngled party in 2 weeks and I'm looking for awesome ideas! :) Did you make the duck yourself??

Sarah said...

Would you mind emailing me snuggling ducking image and the thank you/castle image! Looks like you had a fantastic party! I would like to try to do a Tangled party for my daughter in May! Thank you for your help! penguinprincess@hotmail.com

Abi Chadd said...

Hi, I'm doing a Tangles party for my daughter next week, and I have been trying to do the snuggly duckling sign, but I'm not very good. Do you think you could forward the image you used over to me? Many thanks Abi
abitha_tabitha@hotmail.com