Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ball Jars, II

Here's what I did with the extra Ball jars.

Boo Ya! Mini-terrariums!

I bought some Irish moss as a hopefully kill-proof solution for Aunty Jen's terrarium (RIP).

I love that there's a dinosaur and a gnome in there, coexisting peacefully. As far as I can tell. Who knows what happens when I'm not looking.

Anyway, I had a ton of moss left over so I decided to make some wee little versions that Josh & I could bring to work. Dash got one for his room, too.

Josh & Dash got dinosaurs in theirs because dinosaurs are manly. I understand that no number of dinosaurs (or even lasers and cowboys and power tools) would man up a little jam jar full of moss. But I try.

Mine has a little sheep.

Not exactly sure what I'm going to do with the goose.

I still have 3/4 of the flat of moss left. If I know you in real life you're probably going to be receiving a terrarium soon. Along with some strawberry sauce. It may be a confusing day for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Found you via Posie blog, and had to click through because I laughed out loud at your comment that you resented anyone that interrupted your reading. My kind of people!

Love the blog, I'm adding it to my reader right now. And you have inspired me to finally make strawberry jam. So, you know. I'm happy. :)

Jennifer said...

OMG! The reincarnated terrarium is SO Awesome! YAY! XO