Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pickin' Berries

Earlier this year I made a list of stuff I absolutely couldn't live without doing this Summer. It's not even officially Summer yet (tomorrow is Solstice) and we're already kicking that list's ass.

Here's where it lives on our fridge, reminding us of all the fun on deck:


Today we checked off berry picking. We went to Underwood Farms again, this time with Davey, Lis Ana & their mommies in tow. We love it more with each visit.

Dash enjoyed the ponies better this year ...

...than last.

The hay pyramid just never gets old.

"I am the prince of the castle!"

His tractor skills are much, much better than his Legoland car skills (scroll down). Maybe we should look into 4-H.

It was a little chilly and I was just in a skirt and wife-beater, so Dash helpfully lent me his nana & insisted I carry him around. I was nicely warmed up soon after.

They just love a train ride, huh?

*
We were too hard at work in the fields to take any pictures of the actual picking of berries. Although I wish someone had thought to snap one of me trying to pick strawberries with Dash on my hip. Seriously. All 36 lbs. of him. While trying to bend over. That's a story I can't wait to tell to his prom date.

Anyway, here's the haul. I have big plans for homemade jam on fresh-baked bread. You'll be the first to know when that happens.

2 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

looks like an awesome summer~ love!

Cindy said...

Will you have a homemade jam on fresh-baked bread party - please please please??