Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oh, Summer

I know that (technically) Summer still has a good month left, but it just feels like it's time to start saying goodbye. So, to send it off in style we had a little party. Pretend to be surprised.

Bye, Summer 2009
My beautiful friends Jen & Tom saw that I had added "make ice cream" to my life list. So do you know what they did? They bought me an ice cream maker & an ice cream cookbook for my birthday. That, my friends, is how to be awesome. I made chocolate & key lime pie flavors. It was pretty serious.

Bye, Summer 2009
We also made Ina's Tequila Lime Chicken, (sans the tequila because I am still just delusional enough to believe that children will eat anything other than hot dogs at a bbq).

Bye, Summer 2009
AND! Gazpacho! With 100% Engel-grown tomatoes!

Bye, Summer 2009
Dash shaved the cucumbers.

Bye, Summer 2009
After some swimming & splashing, Dash changed into his urchin threads & did a little adventuring with his pals.

Bye, Summer 2009
And the adults ate & chatted & laughed well into the evening. A fitting send off, I think, for an incredible Summer.

No comments: