Friday, January 03, 2014

2014

Ok, here's my list for 2014. I am stupid hyped about it!

1. Re-start Fox vs. Squirrel. I've been working on getting some dollhouse pillows made up for the shop, and I've been testing new doll patterns. I'm going to try to keep my focus on just one or two items that I really love and enjoy making and see if I can't make a go of it in 2014. Not yet. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Maybe this year?

2. Learn to knit. I've been spending a bit of time every evening in the last few days practicing different techniques and poring over YouTube tutorials. I've got some fairly lofty knitting goals for this year (socks for everyone!) Well, no socks yet (but I did buy a Craftsy course and plan to knit some soon), but I did learn to knit. I made some pretty awesome hats and shawls and scarves and even learned to cable. I didn't take pictures of most of what I made, but here are a couple of hats:

Untitled


Untitled


3. Enter my jam in the Ventura County Fair. It's just getting ridiculous. I'll make a Goddamn vision board if I have to. This is the year. Womp womp...

4. Read fourteen books. I actually managed to read twelve last year & it was such an honest pleasure to take the time and really be thoughtful about what books to add to my list. I'm already into my first book of 2014 and I'm loving it so much. Boom:
  1. The Snow Child
  2. Where'd You Go, Bernadette
  3. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce #1)
  4. Dept. of Speculation
  5. Eleanor & Park
  6. A Tale for the Time Being
  7. David & Goliath
  8. The Apothecary
  9. Tenth of December
  10. The Ocean at the End of the Lane
  11. Perfect
  12. Sharp Objects
  13. We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
  14. A Week in Winter
  15. The Rise & Fall of Great Powers
  16. Landline
  17. The Husband's Secret
Attempted but abandoned:

5. Work diligently to continue reducing our debt. I don't know how diligent we were, but our debt load is slowly but surely going down.

6. Host a mystery party. This is just silly and stupid but I've always wanted to do one. Maybe for our anniversary... Nopesky. Not giving up on this one for 2015, though.

7. Run at least one more 10k. See if you can't find a running bra that doesn't leave bloody scratches on your sides, too, while you're at it. Yes & yes!

No comments: