1. Re-start Fox vs. Squirrel. I've been working on getting some dollhouse pillows made up for the shop, and I've been testing new doll patterns. I'm going to try to keep my focus on just one or two items that I really love and enjoy making and see if I can't make a go of it in 2014. Not yet. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Maybe this year?
2. Learn to knit. I've been spending a bit of time every evening in the last few days practicing different techniques and poring over YouTube tutorials. I've got some fairly lofty knitting goals for this year (socks for everyone!) Well, no socks yet (but I did buy a Craftsy course and plan to knit some soon), but I did learn to knit. I made some pretty awesome hats and shawls and scarves and even learned to cable. I didn't take pictures of most of what I made, but here are a couple of hats:
3. Enter my jam in the Ventura County Fair. It's just getting ridiculous. I'll make a Goddamn vision board if I have to. This is the year.
4. Read fourteen books. I actually managed to read twelve last year & it was such an honest pleasure to take the time and really be thoughtful about what books to add to my list. I'm already into my first book of 2014 and I'm loving it so much. Boom:
The Snow Child Where'd You Go, Bernadette The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce #1) Dept. of Speculation Eleanor & Park A Tale for the Time Being David & Goliath The Apothecary Tenth of December The Ocean at the End of the Lane Perfect Sharp Objects We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves A Week in Winter The Rise & Fall of Great Powers Landline The Husband's Secret
Attempted but abandoned:
6. Host a mystery party. This is just silly and stupid but I've always wanted to do one. Maybe for our anniversary... Nopesky. Not giving up on this one for 2015, though.
7. Run at least one more 10k. See if you can't find a running bra that doesn't leave bloody scratches on your sides, too, while you're at it. Yes & yes!