Friday, January 24, 2014

Eight

Well, the child went ahead and turned eight on Saturday. We knew it was going to happen eventually, but I guess I thought I'd have more time to prepare. Eight years just doesn't seem like long enough to get ready for your kid to turn eight. You feel me, I know you do.


A tradition has developed in our home over the last couple of years--Dash gets to sleep in our room the night before his birthday & then he gets a balloon attack in the morning.

Josh and I stayed up late trying not to hyperventilate and silently tying thirty balloons to assorted surfaces in our home.


Dash also got to pick his breakfast. He chose ice cream and doughnuts. Obviously.


He wanted a laser tag party this year, so for the invitations I turned him into James Bond in Moonraker & armed him with a laser gun. 

I kept up the space theme on the gift baggies. They contained: laser fingers, blinking led sunglasses, a candy laser pop & some Yan Yan. Yeah, I don't know what the Yan Yan had to do with anything, either.

I didn't get many pictures of the actual party because you know what happens at laser tag? A bunch of kids run around in the dark. 

So 99% of my pictures look like this.

 Here's one with Dash pointing a gun at me, so that's nice.

I got to play a round, too! It was so totally awesome and not nearly as scary as I expected. I even won an award. (For Best Target, but still.)

Dash's beloved Grandma Sonja came out to stay with us over his birthday weekend, and took us out to dinner after the party. If I have to venture a guess, I'd say he had a pretty good birthday.

Happy birthday, Little Man. You are our moon and stars.


No comments: