Tuesday, January 07, 2014

A Hat

I knitted a hat this weekend. It's not perfect, but I worked hard on it--I had to start it completely over at least six times. Knitting does not come naturally to me, but I love how it looks so much better than crochet. And I honestly believe that my life and the lives of those I love will be measurably better once I can knit a pair of socks.

Anyway, the hat. I gave it to Dash and I just assumed he'd throw it on the large pile of things-his-mother-made-for-him-that-he-doesn't-really-care-about-but-that-will-make-his-wife-resent-me-some-day because "why aren't you more like my mother, she could do anything?" (what? I'm a Jewish mother, these fantasies are my right). But Josh took Dash to the ice rink today and he wore it, completely unprompted my me.



So naturally, he will be getting about eleventy hundred more hand-knit hats in the coming months.

No comments: