Tuesday, June 10, 2008

25 Days, 3

My poor husband. He had no idea that 5 years after reciting our vows I would have us living in a household that uses recycled toilet paper and cleans exclusively with vinegar spray. But I have clues that he's come around. Here is one of my Mother's Day gifts:

It's a GIANT EFFING COMPOSTER, YO! We are that guy! The one that composts!

Here's a picture of the filth that is fermenting inside. I know nobody needs to see this, but if I have to look at it every time I go out to dump a load of garbage in, so do you.

This is what I store our compost garbage in until I get outside. Much more civilized, no? It's melamine with a silicone seal to keep the smells out of the kitchen. It's a pretty good system if I may say so myself.

We haven't generated a load of compost yet, but when we do I think we all know there will be much crowing with pictures.

No comments: