Monday, July 06, 2009

Our Summer Thus Far

So we're about two weeks into Summer 2009. Here's what we've been up to:

These are the Anaheim chilies that we're growing. For our (mine & Aunty Kala's) BBQ birthday/4th of July extravaganza, I cut them in half, stuffed them with cream cheese and wrapped them in bacon. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes and you're instantly everyone's best friend. I also did a batch with Jalapenos for the bad-asses in our crew. The recipe came from this woman who is an evil genius and I'd like to know why she doesn't weigh 280 lbs.

Speaking of FOOD that is GROWING in our BACK YARD, here are the first few cherry tomatoes. We've had one or two ready to eat about every evening since last Friday. We give them to Dash, who says they're tasty. Neither Josh nor I have actually gotten to eat one yet.

Tomatoes in hand.

Going in.

Stuffed in cheek, like a squirrel. (Dash calls that board a gibby board. We don't know why, but we go with it. Josh & I both live in fear that we're one swim lesson away from his learning the truth. Gibby board is incomparably superior to boogie board.)

Dash's school had a 4th of July party and I was in charge of the handprint flag. I may have overshot with the size of the fabric because by the time I had run out of kids, I still had about half the flag undone. So I did what any obsessive compulsive crafter would do. I folded it up, snuck it out and had Dash finish it at home.

No one will be the wiser. Unless they find this blog.

Every now and again Dash will ask to play Josh's trumpet.

It's awesome.

We bought this Spiderman slip 'n slide last night and Josh had it all set up for him tonight before dinner.

You know, it's not that easy to explain to a three-year-old how to hurl himself onto a slip 'n slide. We greased up his belly with sunscreen and Josh had to kinda fling him down it.

I think he liked it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is TOO CUTE. The one where he is kicked back with is gibby board? Priceless.

Anonymous said...

UGH. With HIS gibby board, I meant to type.