Tuesday, September 07, 2010

How'd We Do?

OK, Labor Day has passed & I'm calling time on Summer (Josh hates it so hard when I do this).

So! Shall we see how we did on our...

Mainly Summer 2010 (But Not Exclusively) Engel Family Goal List as Conceived by its Matriarch


1. Learn to crochet--Fuckin' a.
2. Go to the snow--Dunzo.
3. Go camping--Fail
4. Get a cabin at Russian River--Yup.
5. Make gazpacho entirely from veggies I grew--I'm calling it a win.
6. Grow those veggies--Hell yeah.
7. Learn to ride a bike with Dash--Next stop: Tour de France .
8. Movie night--Si.
9. Malibu beach day--Oui.
10. Watch Josh run his first ever full triathlon in Palm Springs--Or even two.
11. Visit the Santa Barbara Zoo--Nopesky.
12. Make a quilt for Josh & me--Like a hurricane.
13. Go strawberry picking--Picked some winners.
14. Make jam from #13--Um, duh.
15. Visit Legoland or Universal Studios--Legoland FTW!
16. Invite friends over for mussels--Not yet, but I'm not giving up on this one yet.
17. Go to the Hollywood Bowl--Booooo.
18. Take Dash to see a play--Hells yeah.
19. Go to the LA Times Festival of Books-Ugh.
20. Picnic at LACMA--I win at winning.
21. Go to the Ventura County Fair--Sads.
22. Find a great bra--Hm. Turns out when you lose 35 lbs., all your old bras start to fit fine. Who'da thunkit?
23. Go apple picking--Not yet but for suresies this Fall.
24. Rent a boat--Nuts.
25. Lose the baby weight--Done & done.
26. Bake a fancy cake--Maybe for Halloween?
27. Take care of my feet (gross)--My feet are awesome.
28. Read 12 books--Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa. On track to read maybe five. MAYBE.
29. Eat at one seriously fancy restaurant--We still have time.

OK. So 18 out of 29 nine months in. Not bad. Not bad at all.

1 comment:

vincent said...

Good job! :)