Thursday, May 21, 2009

New

Well. Because I am quickly becoming a dirt-loving, tree-hugging, nature-worshiping dirty hippie, I bought a bird feeder this afternoon.

We have a couple of bird houses already, but I bought and hung them because I have a hilarious sense of humor, not because I had any expectation that they would ever come to house any birds.

So, imagine my surprise when I went to swap out the diner bird house for the new, fancy bird feeder and I peeped these inside:

At first I was a little worried that they'd been abandoned there, since I hadn't seen any birds coming or going. But we ate dinner outside tonight so I could keep an eye on our newest tenants, and I saw their mama come and go three times in an hour.

Yay Spring! Yay babies! Yay nature!

(I hung the feeder on another tree and left the diner where it was. Didn't want you to worry).

No comments: